VOGONS

Reply 120 of 122, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You dont need them, you only need make pci bus working.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 121 of 122, by Riikcakirds

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ruthan wrote on 2021-11-15, 01:46:

You dont need them, you only need make pci bus working.

I have just installed Win98se in the same motherboard 965p. It works without Intel chipset drivers but shows many ! marks in device manager. What do you mean make PCI bus working, isn't that already working without them,? What is the point of them, are they just cosmetic.

Reply 122 of 122, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Its too general with that !marks, depends on particular device - there are HardwareIDs to discover what is what.

To make PCI bus working on newer boards you have to old trick, change Plug&Play device manualy to PCI bus device - all with windows in-build drivers.. after that lots of new device should be detected.
Other trick is enable DMA for disc devices - in device manager to get better disk performance and get rid of lots of freezes.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.