VOGONS

First post, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I recently acquired a loose Covox Sound Master II card. I downloaded a set of drivers off Driver Guide that look like they should work. It seems that the install program expects to be launched from a floppy, so I copied all the files to a floppy (A: drive).

The install program seems to run okay at first; it asks which is the "source" drive (A: or B:) and which is the "installation" drive (C: D: or E:).

Once I select A: and C:, respectively, I'm taken to a menu where I can select "Install."

I'm asked if I want to install "programming files." I select Yes.

I'm then asked to insert install diskette. When I select "OK," the menu briefly flashes but returns to the same state.

Obviously, the program is expecting a program that's not on the diskette. Or maybe it is expecting a diskette with a specific volume name (like early Sound Blaster installations). Same thing happens whether I say I want to install the programming files or not.

Anyway, if anyone knows what's going wrong, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks!

Reply 1 of 1, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah, user error. I think that the Driver Guide files were already decompressed (it is basically the DOS directory), so there was nothing for the install program to decompress.