First post, by dreamblaster
Hey, I've been working on X3M for quite a while now, time to show it off 😀 :
It is an USB soundcard / Module that features :
- Dream MIDI synth (54 voices polyphonic, 64 mbyte flash, compatible with X2 banks)
- 24 bit high quality DAC (same as on X2).
- Sample rate for all features is 48Khz
- USB audio playback, class compliant
- USB audio digital recording of MIDI+Wave output, class compliant --> for digital recording of game soundtracks
- USB MIDI in, class compliant
- Real MIDI in (DIN connector)
UPDATE : new keropi edition feature : Jumpers to select DIN connector function :
- MIDI IN
- MIDI OUT
Preset loading, bank loading supports the X2 tools.
X3M utilities will feature extra settings, such as DIN MIDI IN routing configuration :
(you can send the real DIN MIDI data to the synth, to USB MIDI port, or to both)
A few units were sent out to friends for beta testing, it does well.
The software will be final soon. So I will have 7 modules available around the end of may, personally built, very limited edition.
UPDATE : pricing :
80 euro for the fully assembled and tested PCB
20 euro for the enclosure + front and rear panels
Visit http://www.serdashop.com for retro sound cards, video converters, ...
OPL2LPT, OPL3LPT, X2, S2, S2P, MCE2VGA, ... many projects !
Special vogons LPT bundle : https://www.serdashop.com/Parallel-port-retro-sound-bundle
Thanks for your support !