VOGONS

Reply 21 of 25, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can confirm this is the format. The table at the end doesn't look like it's useful for indexing the sounds- there doesn't appear to be enough unique information for each "record". I suspect this indexing information is actually found in the SYNTHGM.SBK file.

Sound device guides:
Sound Blaster
Aztech
OPL3-SA

Reply 23 of 25, by anthony

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SaxxonPike wrote:

I can confirm this is the format. The table at the end doesn't look like it's useful for indexing the sounds- there doesn't appear to be enough unique information for each "record". I suspect this indexing information is actually found in the SYNTHGM.SBK file.

It very much possible. When emu8000 could't access rom, after windows start up driver throws error "can't load synthgm.sbk". Wondering is in dos synthgm.sbk used as well?

Reply 24 of 25, by anthony

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SRQ wrote:

So what's the price of this thing?
I want one, if it's reasonable. It seems to fit the golden "Not worried about dating, want ISA audio support," idea perfect.

I think it doesn't makes sense to produce complete board. Price will be over $100 in small quantities. This board could be low cost if you already have ct4520. Just harvest all components from donor then mount em on new blank board. Bare pcb may be very cheap. Also pcb manufacturer has option to partially assemble board, only passives, for instance.

Reply 25 of 25, by bbuchholtz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
anthony wrote:
SRQ wrote:

So what's the price of this thing?
I want one, if it's reasonable. It seems to fit the golden "Not worried about dating, want ISA audio support," idea perfect.

I think it doesn't makes sense to produce complete board. Price will be over $100 in small quantities. This board could be low cost if you already have ct4520. Just harvest all components from donor then mount em on new blank board. Bare pcb may be very cheap. Also pcb manufacturer has option to partially assemble board, only passives, for instance.

Sorry for the necrobump. Very interested in this project. Do you have any PCBs for sale?

-Brian