User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
matze79 wrote on 2021-03-02, 15:14:

This card is not 🤣

Oh it was "only" the nano, right?

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 422 of 454, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes I am still interested, I kept an eye on serdashop this late summer but I assumed you ran into issue or delay from the pandemic. I think we all prefer to wait for a polished product. I'm sure nobody want to rush you in any way but the interest is clearly still here.

Also, what do you mean by "maybe i do another run until Dreamblaster is ready" ?

Reply 423 of 454, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just got the lpt version and I have had a lot of success! I am most interested in the DOS games that predate adlib/sound blaster and a lot of them are working great. Another nice thing about the lpt version is that with USB power the output is super clean. No noise what so ever. Sounds crisper than dosbox!

Games I got working

• King's Quest 1 (EGA Version)
  • King's Quest 2 (EGA Version)
  • Space Quest 1
  • Space Quest II
  • Black Cauldron
  • Police Quest 1
  • Zak McKkraken
  • Maniac Mansion (Enhanced version)
  • Perry Manson
  • Wizard of Oz
  • Outrun
  • Arkanoid
  • Indy 500
  • Below the Root
  • Treasure Island

I have ran into a few issues though. First, the TANDY.COM driver in the OP doesn't seem to work with my lplt version. The lplt driver that requires EMM386 does work, and so far I haven't run into any issues that I think have to anything to do with memory managers, but it is still something worth noting.

I have not been able to get the following games to wok. I tried a bunch of different version, using loadfix, ect no luck. Some of them have patches and some of them don't. I have to use EMM386 for the version of the TSR I am using, but each of them will load fine with EMM386 and no tandy patches/TSR anyway so I don't think that is the issue.

• Alley Cat [1984 with Tandy Patch] (think this one is known not to work, no patch available)
  • Pirates! [1987] (freezes in the menu after selecting EGA and Keyboard, no patch available)
  • Thexder [1987] (I tried the 1987 and 1988 patches. With loadfix I could get it to load, and I could hear some notes on the lplt but the tune was only playing correctly out of PC speaker. VGA3 version doesn't seem to work)
  • Battle Ches[1988] (I can't find a version of this game that plays tandy sound in either DOSBox or with the lplt. I found a version that will load the patch exe but it doesn't play tandy sound, all other versions I tried hang even in dosbox with tandy enabled).
  • Congo Bongo[19840 ( I can't find a version of this game that supports Tandy sound)
  • King's Quest III[1987] (None of the AGI version patches seemed to work. Loadfix and other tricks no helping)
  • Leisure Suit Larry 1 [1987] (EGA version. None of the AGI patches seemed to work)
  • Marble Madness[1986] (Game loads fine with the lplt TSR but only pc speaker sounds. No patch available)
  • Donald Duck's Playground[1985] (No AGI patches working)
  • Sim City[1988] (When configured for Tandy audio it will display "no tandy bios found" on load and default to PC Speaker. No patch available)

Any tips on getting these games working? Thanks!

Reply 429 of 454, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lihinian wrote on 2021-04-23, 06:31:
I also just got a TNDLPT and also have trouble with getting Leisure Suit Larry 1 [1987] to work. As far as I know, there are onl […]
Show full quote

I also just got a TNDLPT and also have trouble with getting Leisure Suit Larry 1 [1987] to work.
As far as I know, there are only 2 versions released, of which one hangs on dos, and the other gives a blue screen.

carlostex, are there some pointers you can give? I would really like to get this to work 😀
I almost got everything I want working, but this one just puzzles me.
Most of the time I can get by just trying different versions from a Total Dos Collection/Exo pack. or switching around some tandy.drv files. But this one seems stubborn, are you sure this one works?

Please post in Tandy LPT Thread.

Thank you very much.

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 430 of 454, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ElBrunzy wrote on 2021-03-10, 04:30:

Also, what do you mean by "maybe i do another run until Dreamblaster is ready" ?

ready with placing the card as product inside his shop

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc

Reply 432 of 454, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vann5176 wrote on 2021-04-28, 02:28:

I saw the TNDLPT at Serdashop, but I would prefer the ISA version.

Now you are talking ! I prefer it that way too 👍.

Do you know about the tndy nano from matze79 too ? It's a fun project that is not too hard to build since there is no SMD component. I would think he still have some kit available. He also released the board schematic and the component list. Maybe it can satisfy your PSG need in the meantime ?

Reply 433 of 454, by maniulo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there anyone here?
If so, the attached table will help identify potential conflicts.

Attachments

• Filename
    ports.pdf
    File size
    60.04 KiB
    Downloads
    94 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 434 of 454, by underthebridge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
matze79 wrote on 2021-04-23, 11:20:
ElBrunzy wrote on 2021-03-10, 04:30:

ready with placing the card as product inside his shop

Hi matze,
I would really LOVE to have this card. Wondering if any update on availability? 😀
Thanks!

Reply 435 of 454, by ViTi95

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, I'm also very interested on getting on of these Tandy Mini (or the bigger model). Is there any shop where I can buy one? The idea is to add support to FastDoom using it as a 4-bit? DAC

https://www.youtube.com/@viti95

Reply 436 of 454, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ViTi95 wrote on 2022-08-22, 09:18:

Hi, I'm also very interested on getting on of these Tandy Mini (or the bigger model). Is there any shop where I can buy one? The idea is to add support to FastDoom using it as a 4-bit? DAC

Wouldn't a Covox style device make more sense then? Currently you can only buy the LPT version:

https://www.serdashop.com/TNDLPT

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 437 of 454, by Namrok

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just adding myself to the list of people very interested in this card.

Win95/DOS 7.1 - P233 MMX (@2.5 x 100 FSB), Diamond Viper V330 AGP, SB16 CT2800
Win98 - K6-2+ 500, GF2 MX, SB AWE 64 CT4500, SBLive CT4780
Win98 - Pentium III 1000, GF2 GTS, SBLive CT4760
WinXP - Athlon 64 3200+, GF 7800 GS, Audigy 2 ZS

Reply 438 of 454, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Lotech Driver update, EMM386 compatible. Thanks to pdewaecht.

Compiled Version attached.
For all Tandy Cards on Adress 2C0h / AT, Lotech, TNDY Nano, TNDY 3-Voice and other Clones

Sorry for late update on this.

Filename
lotech-v01.rar
File size
20.27 KiB
Downloads
48 downloads
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

A Revision update of the Card is in the works.
I think early 2023 there will be a Chance to grab one 😀

Reply 439 of 454, by Namrok

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
matze79 wrote on 2022-10-11, 17:58:

A Revision update of the Card is in the works.
I think early 2023 there will be a Chance to grab one 😀

Looking forward to it.

Win95/DOS 7.1 - P233 MMX (@2.5 x 100 FSB), Diamond Viper V330 AGP, SB16 CT2800
Win98 - K6-2+ 500, GF2 MX, SB AWE 64 CT4500, SBLive CT4780
Win98 - Pentium III 1000, GF2 GTS, SBLive CT4760
WinXP - Athlon 64 3200+, GF 7800 GS, Audigy 2 ZS