VOGONS

First post, by lorecast162

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, a friend gave me a Sound Blaster AWE64 Value PnP (i suppose; model CT4500).
I wanted to stick it in a DOS 486 build. Are there any DOS 6.22 drivers? I saw the drivers CD but i don't know if it supports the PnP one and if there are any DOS drivers in there.

Reply 1 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ask old hardware and driver/configuration questions in Marvin. This forum is for DOS games on newer systems. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 4, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lorecast162 wrote:

Are there any DOS 6.22 drivers? I saw the drivers CD but i don't know if it supports the PnP one and if there are any DOS drivers in there.

The first two things that come to mind.
Sound Blaster AWE64 Value Driver CD
SB16 and AWE Compilation CD
The DOS drivers are somewhere in those two driver discs, but they're mixed in with the Windows 3.1x drivers so I'm not sure how installation would go on pure-DOS setups.

Creative still has the DOS drivers available for download (and yes, they should work on your CT4500 since I've used them before with that exact same card model).
http://support.creative.com/
How to find them:
1. Click "Sound Blaster" -> scroll down and click on "If your product is not listed above, please click here".
2. On the list: click "Others" -> scroll down on the "Archived Products" list and click on "Sound Blaster AWE64" -> then click the "Next" button.
3. There's a "Manual selection" settings box on the bottom of the redirected page, on the box that says "Windows NT 4.0" click there to pull up the dropdown menu to select "DOS" at the bottom of the menu, then click Submit.