VOGONS

MT-32 cable options

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Luckily, my 6.35mm to 3.5mm audio out cable arrived today, so I was able to actually hear the MT-32. 😁

Yeah, I'm going to hold out as long as I can on the mixer. That will open a can of worms that I'm not sure I'm ready to spend on (cables, better speakers, etc). I'm pretty happy with the deal I got here: MT-32 + V2 SLI for $50, $6 for the 6.35-to-3.5mm cable, and made the MIDI out cable with spare parts for free (thanks to help from you and other Vogons members). Gotta love this place!

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 21 of 22, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well I'm not talking about an audiophile setup here - a simple mixer and some 2.1 speakers (I use some creative inspire p380 ones iirc) are fine. If you start playing more games you'll see the value of a mixer as not all of them offer audio settings to this level - not implying is a thing-to-have-else-you-suck 🤣 just that it's really handy to have some separate volume control on demand.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 22 of 22, by CkRtech

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

it's really handy to have some separate volume control on demand.

This cannot be stated enough, in my opinion. Simply tweaking a couple of volume knobs on the fly to reach desired levels is so useful.

Displaced Gamers (YouTube) - DOS Gaming Aspect Ratio - 320x200 || The History of 240p || Dithering on the Sega Genesis with Composite Video