VOGONS

First post, by shiozaki

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Having no luck finding any, do they exist?

Reply 1 of 8, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
shiozaki wrote:

Having no luck finding any, do they exist?

Terratec ESS Solo-1 cards, but they usually doesn't have both headers soldered on, so you have to do a little solder job.

Aztec Trident 4DWave-NX have solder pads for SB-link, but unfotunatly the wavetable header doesn't work in MS-DOS.

DOS Sound Blaster compatibility: PCI sound cards vs. PCI chipsets
YouTube channel

Reply 3 of 8, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Really? No Yamaha based PCI sound card has a wavetable header (that I'm aware of). If yours does have a header (along with SPDIF output capability), it's probably the best model of YMF PCI card to get for DOS gaming, bar none.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 4 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gdjacobs wrote:

Really? No Yamaha based PCI sound card has a wavetable header (that I'm aware of). If yours does have a header (along with SPDIF output capability), it's probably the best model of YMF PCI card to get for DOS gaming, bar none.

No, that card doesn't have a wavetable header. I am looking at one right now. I think it was just more of a question about the sb link / PC_PCI header.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 5 of 8, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
shiozaki wrote:

question, so cards with the pads only need pins or cable attached to be functional?

this AOPEN AW744L II card i have is such a card.

I guess so, but I haven't tried solder SB-link headers to my Solo-1 cards, the DDMA and TDMA modes works very well on my systems (i440BX and some VIA chipsets for Athlon).

YouTube channel

Reply 8 of 8, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gdjacobs wrote:

I wonder if it would be compatible with my K8T890 board?

Yes, the Solo-1 will work in TDMA mode according to this thread: PCI sound cards and Chipsets from various manufacturers...

YouTube channel