VOGONS

First post, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I made a little comparison between some of my OPL3 based sound cards. As I'm far from being an expert in the sound domain, I wanted to know your opinion on how they sound. Here are the recordings : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v6FqmQbs2w&feature=youtu.be

The CT1600 is inside an HP vectra. Both the SB 16 were run in a 5x86 and the last one was run in a slot1 system.

To me the SB value is about the same as the CT2700 except that it's MUCH LESS noisy (it still has noise though. It could be the way I'm recording this though or the PSU of that computer that may need some fresh caps). No components have been recaped here, not even the sound cards themselves. Do you think that recaping the PSU and the CT2700 could help with the noise ?

The CT1600 is good except for one thing : it has no amp at all so it's a bit too quiet, even when it's set to the maximum (actually I had to reduce the volume of every sound cards but the CT1600)

Thanks in advance ^^

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative