VOGONS

First post, by JohnMLTX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I bought an Awe64 CT4520 on eBay last week. The card was listed as recently repaired, tested, and working, only I can't get it to work.

I have the Creative CTCM installed, and it detects my Vibra 16 normally (now), but when I swap in the Awe64, I get this "Bad Resource Data Checksum" error, expected=64 actual=f1.

I'm totally at a loss, and there's hardly anyone else online with this same issue, and no solutions posted have worked. Anything else I can do?

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 5, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The last answer in this thread seems interesting .
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp. … ems/8OisnBWJekA

Questions :
- What version of CTCM are you using ? Have you tried configuring using CTCU ? See Re: Patched CTCM/CTCU to remove Windows detection
- Are there other ISA PnP cards in the system ? Does the problem go away when they are removed ?

It is also possible your card's PnP EEPROM is somehow corrupted . If that is the case, it may be possible to reprogram it . I would try that only as a last recourse . See AWE64 Gold: Code 9 issue

Reply 2 of 5, by JohnMLTX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1. Running the final revision 4 from Creative's website.
2. When I open CTCU to view the ISA PnP cards, it's not detected.
3. No, just the one slot. Graphics are Cirrus Logic on board. Running on a 1995 era 486 DX2. No PnP options in BIOS, running MS-DOS 6.22

I'm tempted to rebuild this PIII system I found at work to test the card in Windows 98, see if it's even working.

The ebay seller told me to try Intel Configuration Manager, but I can't find a download for it anywhere.