VOGONS

First post, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Greetings,

I've been working on a Sound Blaster blog post for quite some time and have slowly been filling in information as I've found it. There's a lot of knowledge to be gleaned from the different revisions of Sound Blaster cards. Sometimes the same model can have completely different PCB layouts, like the CT2760 with version 01 vs 03. There are model lists all over the place, but very few places have revision information like this.

I'd like to capture more of that information in one place. Here's what I've got so far:

https://blog.purplepa.ws/the-legendary-sound-blaster/

There's a lot of good information here on the Vogons forums, but forums are much better suited for discussion than being a repository for information. Additionally, the Wiki is rather sparse. (Maybe we can all help each other out.)

If you have information that I don't, or corrections, or some rows to fill in the table, anything like that, please let me know! If it's data on the table, whether missing or incorrect, please provide photos so that we can make sure we account for every chip on the board.

Last edited by SaxxonPike on 2023-09-17, 23:20. Edited 1 time in total.

Sound device guides:
Sound Blaster
Aztech
OPL3-SA

Reply 1 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I at one point somehow got a list of all known Creative Labs sound cards and other sound related thingies, but don't know where I got it stored. I did attach the list to one of my replies here, but that was years ago. Don't know where it is. If you want, feel free to wade through everything I posted here on Vogons 🤣

But maybe I can find it quick, hold on 😜

edit: Actually found it! 🤣

I'll re-upload it here, perhaps it may be of some use to you. It's possible I made this list somehow and may have added a bit here and there to fill in some gaps.

Attachments

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 4, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That list looks the same as the one that's on Creative's site. I don't believe every one of those models was created, though. And, it unfortunately doesn't contain information about all the chips and revisions 😀

Sound device guides:
Sound Blaster
Aztech
OPL3-SA

Reply 3 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SaxxonPike wrote:

That list looks the same as the one that's on Creative's site. I don't believe every one of those models was created, though. And, it unfortunately doesn't contain information about all the chips and revisions 😀

It's very possible I got the list from there. I'm sorry I couldn't be of any more help, I didn't remember where I got the list from, only that I once uploaded something along the lines of what you were seeking 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 4, by SaxxonPike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There is some other info I'm looking for - model IDs. For example, the text "IABCT-SB16" can be found on CT1740 card stickers. These can differ even among different revisions of the same card. I feel that a combination of CT-number, model and revision can fully describe any one Creative ISA card up through the AWE64 cards.

Sound device guides:
Sound Blaster
Aztech
OPL3-SA