VOGONS

First post, by CaelThunderwing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i just cant seem to catch a bloody break..

switched from the ESS 1898F (was outputting in Mono for some *ExpletiveDeleted* reason sofar this is teh only card to sofar give me No troubles in DOS and in windows outside this Mono problem (even w/ the 8bitdo Cube speaker i can tell stereo sound on it from mono and i hear Mono, and recording test output via a laptop w/ Audacity shows Nothin on the left channel.)

the Atech SGP16 Basic as you know from my earlier posts give sme no Sound in Epic Pinball but gives me music in willy beamish and in windows. (i've tried everything and both the Vibra16VX (CT4170) and teh ESS AudioDrive (ESS 1898F) Do. IF i can bloody find oput whats causing that issue still i'll just move back to that card.

the bloody damn Shite CT4170.. however while working just fine now using the drivers from teh Vibra 16 CD, gives me sound in beneith a steel sky/Willy beamish/Epic Pinball/Museum Madness and so on. but windows 3.1? thats a whole nother basket of Worms. while the drivers are installed and i see the Sound and Midi Mapper pannel in Control Pannel. testing System sounds trying to play a wav or a midi results in "Device is Busy" error. when the PC is booting up, CTCM is loading before HIMEM and states 2 pnp devices configured there is only 1 Creative *anything* installed in the machine. Does this card have two components to it or something?

@jesolo you've been in about every post sofar any idea outside shite card is Shite, why its reporting in use and not working properly in windows?

Edit: 3:16AM EDT 8/18: i decide dto go completly Nuclear Wiped my windows 3.11 Install redid from floppy. erased all trace of Any soundcard drivers in any setting. reinstalled from the CD, and BLAMO! sound in Windows. but no wi have the Misfortune hearing the unpleasantry that is Creative CQM @_@ Have yet to test dos with willy Beamish/Epic Pinball/Beneath a Steel Sky.