User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

..Feedback path error

It happenned when i tried to run this command:

aweuitl /em:gm

The aweutil.txt file said
----------
PROBLEM -- "Feedback path error" message.

CAUSE -- The hardware might be incompatible.

SOLUTION - Type AWEUTIL /S and press <Enter> to set your audio card to
Adlib compatibility.
-----------

I don´t understand that. I own a genuine AWE CT3670 ¿¿??

Any idea?

Thanks in advanced

Reply 2 of 11, by Malvineous

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also make sure you have the right software for the card you have. I have a couple of AWE cards that don't work with some versions of the software but do with others, so try some different versions of the utilities too. (And not always a newer version, sometimes they seem to have removed support for certain cards so you need an older version of the software instead.)

Reply 3 of 11, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

One possible explanation is that Aweutil requires a motherboard with non maskable interrupts.
You can try to enable memory parity error checking in your CMOS setup.
Otherwise, you will not be able to use Aweutil with the /EM switch

Reply 4 of 11, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Err... what? No PC on this planet has *no* NMI. Also, you can not enable parity error checking without having RAM with parity (does not enable/disable NMI anyway). Both have absolutely no relation to AWEUTIL.

Reply 5 of 11, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
derSammler wrote:

Err... what? No PC on this planet has *no* NMI. Also, you can not enable parity error checking without having RAM with parity (does not enable/disable NMI anyway). Both have absolutely no relation to AWEUTIL.

The guys over at Creative Labs seems to disagree with you, as evident from the attached FAQ that came with most AWE32 & AWE64 cards (refer Section A, no. 17).

Attachments

• Filename
    AWE32-FAQ.txt
    File size
    53.89 KiB
    Downloads
    164 downloads
    File comment
    AWE32 FAQ
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 11, by muon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Malvineous wrote:

Also make sure you have the right software for the card you have. I have a couple of AWE cards that don't work with some versions of the software but do with others, so try some different versions of the utilities too. (And not always a newer version, sometimes they seem to have removed support for certain cards so you need an older version of the software instead.)

I think that's the point. The soft that I installed, was the AWE64 version.

I'll try with the original soft of the card

Reply 8 of 11, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have used my AWE64 software on my SB32 (CT3930) and AWE32 (CT3980) without problems.
It's usually a problem if you try to use the earlier version software on the later hardware but, give it a try.

Reply 9 of 11, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
muon wrote:

I don´t understand that. I own a genuine AWE CT3670 ¿¿??

CT3670 is actually a Sound Blaster 32, not AWE and it's based on the same chipset as the AWE64.

I also got the same error after initializing my ESS Solo-1 along with my Sound Blaster 32 CT3620, maybe you got some resource conflict?

DOS Sound Blaster compatibility: PCI sound cards vs. PCI chipsets
YouTube channel

Reply 10 of 11, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have the same Problem loading Banks works fine on Windows but not on DOS, but i use a unusual Mainboard.

OPTI VLB Pentium - Galaxy V.

I also used AWE64 install CD.. and SB32.. maybe this wiill solve my Problems 😁

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 11 of 11, by egrabczewski

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm no expert on this subject and I saw this post when Googling for a solution ...
I encountered the ERR014 error when running the AWEUTIL /EM:MT32 command in the C:\SB16 directory
(the SYNTHMT.SBK file is in C:\SB16\SFBANK. I assume this is where AWEUTIL is looking for it).
After a process of elimination I found the SOFTMPU utility in my AUTOEXEC.BAT file was causing the problem.
After commenting out SOFTMPU then the command AWEUTIL /EM:MT32 worked.
If I run SOFTMPU /MPU:330 /SB:220 /IRQ:5 /DELAYSYSEX after running AWEUTIL then SOFTMPU hangs.
If nothing else, this shows that this problem is not always caused by hardware incompatability.
NOTE: My system is: MS-DOS 6.21 and WfW 3.11 running on a MS-6156 motherboard with Pentium III MMX processor.
The SB card is a AWE64 CT4520.