VOGONS

First post, by olivil

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a PC equiped with an AWE64 and an Ultrasound MAX. I use the AWE64 as my MIDI source for my external modules. These modules are plugged in the line-in of my GUS, and my GUS is plugged in the line-in of my AWE64.

I like to have sound effects on the GUS, and MIDI through my AWE64. Usually this lets me dodge the stutter over 11KHz sampling rate that I get in Duke3D when I have both MIDI and sound coming through the AWE64.
However my GUS has the tendency to mute its line-in when I use it as a sound source... So I can't hear music from my modules. This is the case with Duke3D.

I know the solution is a 4 channel mixer, but that's out of scope for me right now. 😀
Is there a fix somewhere or is this a limitation of the GUS?

Reply 1 of 2, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I believe many games close the line-in on init when using a GUS (other cards too?). It causes mixer settings not to stick or makes them useless. Try ULTRINIT -L. Otherwise... A 4 channel mixer...

YouTube

Reply 2 of 2, by PARUS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you don't use CD IN channel on AWE64 card just connect it to your MIDI modules. You can use bracket like this: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wEwAAOSwvtFZxw1-/s-l1600.jpg
Do it if you wish and forget about GUS Line in.