VOGONS

First post, by FeedingDragon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm trying to connect my front panel ports to the AWE64 and cannot find reliable pin outs for the AWE64 connectors. They are clearly labeled, but not which pin is which. What would be even better would be an adapter to plug an AC97 or HD Audio plug directly to the correct connectors on the AWE64. That would prevent me from having to cut off the connector(s) from my case's front panel cable and patch on the appropriate connectors from an old case.

The key connectors on the AWE64 are the Microphone connector (3 pin, MIC, GRND, & +5vcc?,) SB_Pro (9 pin with 1 key,) and SPKR/LINE_OUT (6 pin.) I've found multiple sources for the SB_Pro connector, but they don't all agree, and several don't even tell you the orientation of the reference numbers. Everything else I've found points to pages that no longer exist. Either the servers are gone, or the pages are now 404. I have to also admit that I'm not sure which would be used for headphones. The SPKR or the LINE_OUT? Would it be LINE_OUT, (which is amplified,) since headphones generally aren't powered (for amplification?)

Feeding Dragon