VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am looking for instructions on installing a CT2740 Sound Blaster for DOS only (not gonna worry about installing Windows). I followed the instruction video for pnp sound blasters on Philscomputerlab channel but things don’t seem to be right after the install. So I am reaching out to the Vogons Wizards for assistance!

Reply 2 of 3, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Lol..I suppose that would help. It is DOS 6.22. It is a Pentium 66mhz CPU in a SI5PI AIO Rev 1.1 Socket 4 Motherboard. 32MB of Ram. I went through the SBBASIC install first. It would throw me an error after rebooting saying the MPU had not been set or recognized (sorry im not at home to check exactly right now) and that is as far as it would get. I then did the CTCMBBS install. After setting it up with diagnose.exe it still gave me this error. I was able to get sound out of SimCity2000 but was not able to select the Sound Blaster 16 option in the settings. Only the original SB option worked.

I basically just wanted to know if I am doing something wrong in my process of installing this. Not sure if I needed to do all the steps I did or if there are some I forgot.