VOGONS

First post, by drathernaut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! This is my first time posting on this board (so, hello!), and I was wondering: Where is a good way to find a working Ensoniq Soundscape Elite w/Daughterboard. It was my very first soundcard in early 1996, and I wrote a lot of music with it up until around 2000/2001, when drivers rendered the card basically unworkable. Well, I have an ISA slot again on an old retro PC and want to get one and re-record some of the old .wrk files I made in Cakewalk for it. Any help would be amazing! eBay hasn't had one for awhile now, and when they do it's damn near $400 for one.

Reply 1 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AmiBay and maybe vcfed but they prices on there are gonna be high as well.

There was one on eBay a few months ago that somebody posted for like $13 plus shipping. I didn't see it and of course somebody snatched it up right away.

Just keep looking and maybe you will get lucky and find one for a decent price.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 3, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Certainly not ebay or forums.
I've had 2 boxed cards in the past ... paid amounts: 1€ (that one was still shrinkwrapped) and 20€

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 3 of 3, by drathernaut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote:

AmiBay and maybe vcfed but they prices on there are gonna be high as well.

There was one on eBay a few months ago that somebody posted for like $13 plus shipping. I didn't see it and of course somebody snatched it up right away.

Just keep looking and maybe you will get lucky and find one for a decent price.

I saw that in completed listings and wept a little, i'll admit. That would be such a steal.