VOGONS

First post, by BLockOUT

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have an AWE32 one is CT3600 and another awe32 is CT3670

i think the ct3670 is PNP and i think it is better than the other one. I checked the card and has 2 simm slots that must be 30pin.

Checked on Ebay and there is people selling different 30pin simm ram, and some of them got sticks of 4mb that are for APPLE computers.

I wonder if APPLE MACs used different 30pin memmory that cannot be used with the soundblaster.

I also don´t know what kind of memory to look for, i think that era had FPM memory but sometimes you also get a number like 60, or fpm 80, or fpm 70 and i don´t know which one is the one needed for the card.
Does anyone got that card?

Reply 1 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The CT3600 uses the standard EMU8000 synth chip that the AWE32 cards use while the CT3670 is basically an AWE64 with simm slots instead of the header for the proprietary RAM upgrade modules that Creative sold for a while.

Both cards are PnP.

They are not very picky about RAM at all. The spec calls for 80ns or faster. I would go with 60ns in any case as the faster speed can't hurt.
FPM or EDO should work fine.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

30 and 72-pin "MAC" memory should work just fine in PCs and other stuff. The specs on the RAM itself is what is important.

I know for a fact that the 72-pis work just fine in other things.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 4, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have bought in the past a lot of 2x16MB 30-pin RAM that was being sold for old Macs, and used it specifically as memory on a CT3600. It works fine.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O