VOGONS

Reply 41 of 42, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mine is an older chip so it should work. This was the comment in phil's video:

for anyone who is using this guide as reference to play dos games in a win9x vdm dosbox, you need to load the "preferably v1.98 of SETAUDIO.COM" driver in autoexec.bat before windows starts so you can get the FM OPL3 Synthesis to work and you must have the vxd drivers installed with the "C-media legacy device" in device manager. It works like the ess solo1 in windows but they forgot to add the dos driver at startup, 🤣.

edit: it seems that with the cmi8338 drivers that's not needed, now i have those installed and it's the same no FM sound in windows.
edit2: i've discovered the card doesn't have a legacy IRQ, it uses the same IRQ as the PCI device. Seems the card doesn't have the fm core. I could try the chinese clone.
Now wolf3d doesn't hang in real dos but i get only sfx. Doom now crashes before i got no sound at all. With remapcmi also no sound at all.

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)

Reply 42 of 42, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

With the other card it's the same, no OPL at all. I've noticed that the hercules is a 037D-GS actually and the clone is just a a 037D.
The only difference is that with setaudio i get IRQ 5 for soundblaster even with a different PCI IRQ.
This board is so crappy that when i put in the other card the bios assigned a different IRQ and everytime i reset ESCD a different IRQ it seems.

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)