VOGONS

First post, by CaelThunderwing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so i built another 98 Machine based on an Shuttle HOT 637v2.2 Mobo (added in an ASUS Geforce FX 5700 AGP x4 card (in x2 mode), opti 82c929a Chipset'd ISA Soundcard (Real OPL-3 FM w/o DMA Clicking Bug Background Noise issue or Hanging Note bug) and there IS a second soundcard installed an Audigy 2 (i wanted to see if the card worked anymore it does-ish) Slot 1 P2 Cart CPU @ 300MHZ 192MB Ram & an 160GB HDD (bypassed this board's Bios Limitation of 8GB Boundary via an DDO)
but every time WMP finishes playing a MIDI it tosses Error 80004005 and will not play any unless i close and Re-open, now maybe i guess its because i have the Audigy card installed? or that i used teh Mad16 Pro (it what i used for the card in my win3.1 system,) Windows drivers (it gave me usual "Are you sure you want to install these drivers" warning message because its not Really a Mad16 Pro but same came for teh most part.

if it helps in identifying my card: (has an Analog Devices AD1845JP DAC )
8JDUDFh.jpg

Reply 2 of 3, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can also try FSMP. It can also send midi resets (GM, GM2, GS, XG, NX, MT-32) and supports much other things that other players do not. E.g it supports the HW soundfont synth of your Audigy natively (so you can load soundfonts real time and can see the real instrument names of the soundfont):
http://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#midiplayer
Topic if you have questions:
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi

Website, Facebook, Youtube
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 3 of 3, by CaelThunderwing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
derSammler wrote:

Did you try a different version of WMP? Or any other software at all? I use WinAmp even for MIDI, as it has the option to send a MIDI reset before each song.

VLC i have installed but i think VLC will want a Soundfont regardless. now this is the first time i've used this card in Win 98 so i cant say i never had a problem w/ it playing MIDIs

Falcosoft wrote:
You can also try FSMP. It can also send midi resets (GM, GM2, GS, XG, NX, MT-32) and supports much other things that other playe […]
Show full quote

You can also try FSMP. It can also send midi resets (GM, GM2, GS, XG, NX, MT-32) and supports much other things that other players do not. E.g it supports the HW soundfont synth of your Audigy natively (so you can load soundfonts real time and can see the real instrument names of the soundfont):
http://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#midiplayer
Topic if you have questions:

i'll haveto give it a shot.

EDIT: 3/24
for whatever Reason, when this card is installed yea MIDI playback breaks along w/ onboard USB in Windows 98. "Due to multiple hub transfeer request failures, a hub has been disabled" *Sigh* when i thought i HAD the perfect card w/ an OPL-3 for this system 😒