VOGONS

First post, by CaelThunderwing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i know theres one out there but thats 128MB in size, i've trie dto set the ramboth dynamic and static in creatives soundbank managerto as precise it'll let me in one of my 98 machines w/ an Audigy 2but while it'll say "Loading..." it just refuses it after a few i manage dto find another but not exactly... that great either,

any others out there that are decent that'll load or is there a soundfont manager for the audigy cards that will load this one out there thats 128MB?

as for this "iffy" one? i've attached it below i dont recall where i got it from though..

(as about my last post about MIDI Troubles its oddly isolated to Windows Media player 6.4 and the "Mplayer" thats in 95/stock 98 has no issue doesnt throw any Errors at all when playing. )

Attachments

• Filename
    OPL3.zip
    File size
    3.05 MiB
    Downloads
    411 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by LSS10999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You need to allocate slightly more RAM than the size of your soundfont in order to get it working. As Audigy exposes two soundfont synths, you need to allocate more RAM than the soundfonts loaded on both synths combined. Assuming you'll keep the original 4MB soundfont bank on the other synth, you need to allocate at least 136MB just to be safe.

Reply 2 of 2, by RFVogons

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow! The linked "iffy" soundfont works, and it's good. I tested it in my host PC, with VirtualMIDISynth. More information here: https://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth 😉 Compared it to the SoundBlaster AWE32 OPL sound, it sounds surprisingly accurate. Just gonna use this soundfont for OPL now. (And only 3 MB, wow 😮)

Also, if you ask me where I did got the word "iffy", it's from CaelThunderwing's message:

any others out there that are decent that'll load or is there a soundfont manager for the audigy cards that will load this one out there thats 128MB?

as for this "iffy" one? i've attached it below i dont recall where i got it from though..

~RFVogons

P.S. The comparation sounds are here, you might need to turn up the volume (music used: In The Hall of the Mountain King.rmi):

Attachments