VOGONS

First post, by SimonV

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe a strange question but I am total DOS machine noob. ANyway I have an Amiga 3000T with a so called A2286 bridgeboard in it, best to compare with Commodore PC30 or so on a card.

Anyway I did put in this card because PnP can be disabled.

2018-03-31 17.24.49.jpg
Filename
2018-03-31 17.24.49.jpg
File size
457.71 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Now I use prince of persia to test sound, the game runs fine on my 286 and it seems to support lots of sound choices. Now I wonder what does my card support, if I choose Soundblaster in Prince I have sound ? But one of those chips is a wavetable (I think ) and in my ESS config.exe there is an entry called MPU-401 ... assuming that makes sounds of it's own what do I have to choose in game to make that work ? Or am I at the wrong track here ?

Reply 2 of 4, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SimonV wrote:

But one of those chips is a wavetable (I think )

I am afraid the card has no wavetable hardware, just this: "ES968F Audio Effects Processor (mixer expansion) for Chips without integrated 3-D audio processing."

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 4 of 4, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SimonV wrote:

I do have an MT-32 somewhere ... how would I connect that to the card if even possible ?

Via a joystick/MIDI cable to the external game/MIDI port.
Just take note that some MT-32 based games requires an intelligent mode MPU-401 MIDI interface which you can emulate via SoftMPU.