VOGONS

First post, by Zorix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone. Been looking around for drivers for DOS or a configuration utility for DOS for the MMSN824 sound card by Aztech. I have looked all around and found some drivers that may work for Windows but nothing for DOS, and nothing that specifically states support for this card. It's a Packard Bell part. I can set the IO address but not the IRQ, and the jumper on board either has eeprom setting or software. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply 1 of 4, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This guy used drivers from a Voyager to good effect.
https://ilovepa.ws/2017/06/08/aztech-sound-cards/

You can get them here:
Need Help Configuring Aztech Sound Card

Having said that, the following cards are from the same hardware generation and should work properly (excepting any wavetable functionality on the Waveriders).

---------------------------------------------------------------------
3RD GENERATION SOUND CARDS (USING AZT-2316/A/R CHIPSET)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WRIDER Sound Galaxy Waverider 32+ Card Updates - FCC-ID:I38-MMSN826

NOV16EII Sound Galaxy Nova 16 Extra II-3D Card Updates - FCC-ID:I38-MMSN846

P16II Sound Galaxy Pro16II Card Updates - FCC-ID:I38-MMSN845

WRP323D Sound Galaxy Waverider Pro 32-3D Card Updates - FCC-ID:I38-MMSN852

All these drivers are available via the Aztech ftp server:
ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/DOWNLOAD/sg/

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 2 of 4, by Zorix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the information. I have looked through those and I figured it was probably the Pro16II card, but all the drivers I saw, only had Windows 3.1 or Windows 95. I know I can talk to the card directly without software, but I was hoping to have a DOS utility to configure the interrupt and IO address. Guess I don't have a choice so I will have to load Windows. Thanks anyways.

Reply 3 of 4, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The DOS drivers are there, but you need Win3.1 to unpack them. Unfortunately, I only have unpacked drivers for AZT2320 based cards (4th gen).

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder