VOGONS

First post, by einr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out the model name of a particular Aztech sound card. I'm sure with all the knowledge on these boards someone will be able to ID it 😀

It has a genuine Yamaha OPL, Aztech AZT-2316S and Crystal CS4231A chips, one IDE CD-ROM header, wavetable and MIDI headers.

Lots of cards share this basic feature set but personally I can't find another card on the Internet that looks exactly like this one, layout wise. Aztech Sound Galaxy cards seem to have come in a lot of subtly different variants. Can anyone ID this particular one? 😀

Photo here:

https://i.imgur.com/9JhLy1Z.jpg

BTW -- is this one of the Aztech cards that has Covox and DSS emulation support?

Reply 1 of 8, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It is a Nova Extra 16. I have one but i have never tried to see if it did Covox or DSS.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 3 of 8, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Actually it is "Nova 16 Extra II", just looked up what I wrote on my card.

Reply 4 of 8, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Actually, I38-MMSN850 is the Aztech Multimedia Pro 16ABO (normally bundled with OEM systems).
Attached are the drivers for this particular model.

Filename
m16abo-1 (v1.20).zip
File size
780.11 KiB
Downloads
198 downloads
File comment
MM16ABO-1
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Filename
m16abo-2( v1.20).zip
File size
682.92 KiB
Downloads
174 downloads
File comment
MM16ABO-2
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The Nova 16 Extra was FCC ID I38-MMSN811 & the Nova 16 Extra II-3D was FCC ID I38-MMSN846.

None of the above has built in Disney Sound Source or Covox Speech Thing support (this was limited to a couple of 1st generation models).

Reply 5 of 8, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Azetch's site's backup lists 138-MMSN850 as Nova16 Extra II

Reply 6 of 8, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tiido wrote:

Azetch's site's backup lists 138-MMSN850 as Nova16 Extra II

Post a link of the backup site that you are referring to.
Their old ftp server doesn't list that model. Other sites that I've come across just identifies this model as one of the Multimedia Pro cards.

Reply 7 of 8, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It is the same one as from vogonsdrivers site : http://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=7 … menustate=40,35

here's couple screenshots :
http://www.tmeeco.eu/BitShit/Temp/Aztech0.png
http://www.tmeeco.eu/BitShit/Temp/Aztech1.png
(these files will self destruct one day when I clear out the temp folder)

Reply 8 of 8, by Retroview

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello again!

I know OLD Topic but since the above me poster is wrong and I did just solve this I will post it quick so we have as much correct info here as possible 😀

First Thanks much jesolo you were absolute right and YOURS is the ONLY CORRECT DRIVER for AZTECH 2316S XXXX850 Model. It is true that its actually the same NOVA EXTRA II 3D that is also mentioned on the Aztech FTP but the one in the archive is xxxx846 and not xxxxx850 and as it turns out this small difference matters.

I had tested my new 2316S 850 first with the FTP Version and it works and makes sound BUT the VOLSET and DIAGNOSE and HWSET (to change EEPROM) all say they cannot find the card ...
If you compare the "INSTALL" Text File from the two drivers you will see these small differences I mean.

So now I have this awesome driver from this topic and the card runs and gets found by all its programs 😀

Now I hope everyone who has the same problem can find this posts and get the correct drivers!

Thanks again

EDIT:
Just to make it complete. Tiido is also correct that the FTP server really points to the WRONG driver when you ask for xxx850 ... Well what can I say here, we have just discovered a mistake by Aztech after 20 years or so ... 😁

RetroCave PlayStation. 286-12 / 386DX33 / 486DX33 / 486DX2-66 / PI-90 / PI-233 / PII-400 / PIII-650 / PIII-700 / PIII-1000 / P4 2,8 / P4 3,06 / P4 3,8 / C2DUO 2,66