VOGONS

First post, by Drangus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have my speakers plugged in through the line out. Everything sounds great, I get stereo with all my games, except the music, whether it's from the OPL or my wavetable, is always hard panned to the right. I messed with both the windows and dos mixers; panning to the left only makes it quieter. Messing with the MIDI address jumper didn't help. I'm down low hoping that this isn't some kind of capacitor thing. Has anyone on here experienced this, and have you been able to fix it if so? Thanks!

Reply 1 of 2, by PARUS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What do you mean «or my wavetable»? SB16 has not wavetable synth. Do you connect external WT to game/midi port+line in or daughterboard to WT header? What about CD in? Does it sound only at right channel too?
Changing MIDI base IO address can't solve this problem of course 😀

Reply 2 of 2, by Drangus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To elaborate on the wavetable, I was referring to my Dreamblaster X2 daughtercard, which I realized thankfully that it had a line out jack, so I was able to loop it into the line in port and voila, I get stereo MIDI! CD in also comes in as stereo. Unfortunately I still get FM music through the right channel only. Wolfenstein is a weird experience as the digital sound comes through in stereo while the music is still panned hard right; kind of disorienting haha