VOGONS

First post, by algernon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi to all,

here is my problem. i have an Olivetti M6 460 Suprema, a 486dx2@66 8megs of ram, desktop case with a riser board for the isa slots.
the sound is normally provided by an add on card via proprietery connector (parallel, i think), this card is a AD1848Jp Soundport. i think provides only sound, no midi music at all! and this only for Win3.11...no dos driver!!!
This in Why i putted a Sound Blaster 16 Vibra in a ISA Slot, on the riser board. Even if i disable the "busines audio setup" via bios to disable the onboard audio add-on, the installation of the dos drivers for the SB fails, not finding any hardware @ i/o 220h, like normally. i,ve tryed every adress port but nothing..I have 2 of this Olivetti model..identical. but this happens in both compurters. Maybe someone here has succesfully configuerd a isa SB on olivetti hardware.thanks in advance for your help!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK i solved the problem running the CTCM.exe...it assigned to the soundboard the default environement variables 220h i5 D1 ecc.....thing that the M6 can't do alone. No PnP.. 😀