VOGONS

First post, by Dirilu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hallo, I have installed a Sound Blaster AWE32 in my pentium 133 DOS PC, and it works perfectly, its only the lucasarts games, indiana jones, monkey island, with more.. there is no sounds or music at all. I have tried the commands like monkey r and monkey s, is there some files I can edit to make my soundcard work in these games.. ? 😠

Reply 1 of 3, by Dirilu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my soundblaster are installed with this setup

AUTOEXEC.BAT

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 E620 T6
SET SOUND=C:\SB16
SET MIDI=SYNTH:1 MAP:E MODE:0
C:\SB16\DIAGNOSE /S
C:\SB16\AWEUTIL /S
C:\SB16\SB16SET /P /Q

CONFIG.SYS

DEVICE=C:\SB16\DRV\CSP.SYS /UNIT=0 /BLASTER=A:220
C:\SB16\DRV\CTSB16.SYS /UNIT=0 /BLASTER=A:220 I:5 D:1 H:5
C:\SB16\DRV\CTMMSYS.SYS

Reply 2 of 3, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Your system might be too fast for these games to play back music. There are some patches available but, it's been a while since I've played these games and I usually play these on a slower PC.
Alternatively, slow down your system (like disabling your L1 cache) and see what happens.

The "r" parameter is for Roland MT-32 support.
You need to ensure that, for the relevant game, that the necessary Roland files are in the game directory (for older versions of those games).
You then also need to enable MT-32 support for your AWE32 via the /EM:MT32 parameter (instead of /S) by adding this after Aweutil.

Reply 3 of 3, by skitters

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can find descriptions of the old LucasArts patches at the Internet Archive of the now defunct support.lucasarts.com website

Archived support page for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Archived support page for Secret of Monkey Island

Archived list of patches from support.lucasarts.com

The links to the patches on those webpages don't work because they point to LucasArts' old ftp site, but Disney currently hosts the patches. Once you know which patch you need you can find it at the Disney-hosted website.

List of Updates and Patches for Lucasfilm Games at Disney's website