VOGONS

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all, I have an AZTech card with FCC Id: i38-MMSN811 and I need to know which driver to use from the Vogons driver library, the card I have is nearly identical to this one except for the Crystal chip numers below is "BTAEUD9409" mine is "JTAFCD9409"

file.php?id=36100&t=1

member Jesolo in another post said "I38-MMSN811 is just a rebranded Sound Galaxy Nova 16 Extra, utilising the older AZT-1605 chipset" but in Vogons driver library there are :

Sound Galaxy NX Pro
Sound Galaxy Pro 2 16 Drivers
Sound Galaxy Waverider Pro 32-3D

Or should I use another one?

I forgot to say I need the driver for Dos

Reply 1 of 6, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can find the drivers for this model here: ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/DOWNLOAD/sg/NOV16E/
The entire ftp site is also under Vogonsdrivers in one large zip file called "Aztech Labs ISA sound cards' drivers".

Reply 3 of 6, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GabrielKnight123 wrote:

Thanks Jesolo the 3 zips files will they work with dos?

Yes but, some drivers required you to install it via Windows.
If there is an Install.exe file, then you can run it from DOS. The Setup.exe file is for Windows 3.1.

Reply 4 of 6, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok I have looked in the 3 zips and there is no install.exe there is only a setup.exe do you know any other drivers to give a go for a dos install from the Vogons driver library?

Reply 5 of 6, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, these are the driver set for this model.
Just do a quick install of Windows 3.1, unpack the files and backup the installation folder for future reference.
There might be a way to unpack the files manually but, I've never bothered to investigate further.

There might be other users who already has a copy of the installation folder.