VOGONS

First post, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's correctly identified and works under Windows XP, but Win 9x constantly gives me Code 9 warning, stating that BIOS can't handle resource management for this card properly. On multiple systems even on fresh OS install. But AWE64 Gold works just fine. What could be wrong with this thing?

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 1 of 13, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Do you have the chipset drivers installed?

Are you initializing in DOS first? Have you tried changing what is stored on the card as far as resources go?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 13, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Do you have the chipset drivers installed?

No such thing required.

Have you tried changing what is stored on the card as far as resources go?

That's PnP model. Essentially that's just AWE64 Value with slapped SIMM slots.

Are you initializing in DOS first?

I need it to work under win 9x.

Reply 4 of 13, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

None of the available resources are used, so there's nothing to change.

Device Manager Error Codes wrote:

Code 9: This code means that the information in the registry for this device is invalid. It may be possible to resolve this error by using Device Manager to remove the device and then running the Add New Hardware wizard in Control Panel. If you continue to receive this error code, contact the hardware's manufacturer for the proper registry settings.

Reply 6 of 13, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can't change it manually. Both creative diagnostic software and windows manager ignore it. But some DOS games can correctly identify it as a sound device under win 9x, but not OPL3 (no sound) or AWE32.

Last edited by The Serpent Rider on 2018-08-05, 16:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 7 of 13, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can't change it manually.

Please be a bit more accurate. What happens if you check the option "assign resources manually" and select a configuration that matches the one you want?

Do you have any other devices that have no drivers installed, are shown as unknown/not working, or similar?

Reply 9 of 13, by skitters

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote:

I can't change it manually. Both creative diagnostic software and windows manager ignore it.

Do you mean the card isn't showing up in Device Manager at all?

Reply 10 of 13, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The card is present in device manager with Code 9 warning, drivers are installed.

Reply 11 of 13, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

After reading some old posts, looks like I have corrupted EEPROM. Which is weird, because in my case the card is not completely "dead".
AWE64 Gold: Code 9 issue

Apparently I can reflash it with Dell utility and succesfully change it to AWE64, but I wonder if I can find EEPROM for CT3670 somewhere.

Reply 12 of 13, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had an AWE64 with corrupt EEPROM also which exhibited similar issues. I have one more of such card and used its EEPROM dump to revive the other card. I desoldered the chips and did demps and programs with a dedicated programmer device. Only one single byte had gone corrupt in the EEPROM on the faulty card in my case. Corruption happened due to using too high ISA bus speed (13MHz).

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 13 of 13, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote:

After reading some old posts, looks like I have corrupted EEPROM. Which is weird, because in my case the card is not completely "dead".
AWE64 Gold: Code 9 issue

Apparently I can reflash it with Dell utility and succesfully change it to AWE64, but I wonder if I can find EEPROM for CT3670 somewhere.

i have 1 non working ct3670 (gives ID error on boot screen) and aldo have 1 working ct3670, and i also have an epprom flasher bought on amazon.
however the procedure to take the chip out of the board, read the chip with the flasher, and flash the other chip has been delayed because of my poor soldering skills.

when i tried the dell flash utility with the broken card it didn´t let me flash it.