VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have some questions regarding the SB16 CT2740 please. It's the one with the groovy volume wheel! 😀

1) I know the AWE32 has a chipset called Em-u 8000, but what is the SB16's chipset called?
2) Where is the mixer chip on the CT2740, and what is its identification?
3) I've read that the CT2740 has a nice sound quality. Is that so, and if so, why? Is it because its mixer chip is good?
4) Does its IDE connector accept both HDDs and CD-ROM drives?
5) I understand its bus is identified as CT1747. What is this bus called, exactly? Is it called a "bus control chip", or something similar?
6) I see on one of its chips that its DSP is version 4.11. Is that the best DSP version to have?
7) When using a wavetable daughterboard, generally speaking, do you encounter the hanging note bug only rarely? I remember the entire SB 16-bit family of SBs were plagued with this problem, and only a few models worked 100% correctly.
8 ) Regarding its joystick port on the backplate. Does it also serve as a rudementary MIDI port - albeit, not "intelligent", but perhaps say "basic"? (I understand that most (all?) SBs do not have intelligent MIDI - is that correct?)

Thanks very much in advance for any comments about the above questions! 😀