VOGONS

First post, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've been searching for a list of games that use the extra sound effects that are provided by the CM-32L/LAPC-I/LAPC-N and have only come across discussions where a few games are mentioned and even then, none of the discussions match up in regards to what exact titles make use of the extra sound effects.

I'll edit this first post as I do testing.

I have:
MT-32 (old , rev 1)
MT-100 (MT-32 new with sequencer)
LAPC-I

Games that use the extra sound effects of the CM-32L / LAPC-I / LAPC-N (Initial list - no testing done yet)

Beneath a Steel Sky
Day Of The Tentacle (floppy version with Roland upgrade or CD version with Sound Blaster FX disabled)
Elite Plus
Gods
Kings Quest IV
Leisure Suite Larry 5
Lure Of The Temptress
Might and Magic III
Monkey Island 2
Prince of Persia (DOS)
Space Quest 1
Ultima Underworld

Feel free to list other games that make use of the extra effects.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 1 of 2, by voodoo5_6k

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's a great list (containing a lot of interesting stuff)! Obviously, a lot of work has been put into this. Just scroll down to the respective section (Roland LAPC-I/CM-32L/CM-64/CM-500).

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2012/04/u … me-support.html

The information on that list made me steer away from getting an MT-32 altogether, and then I bought a CM-32L many years ago (as I don't care about any game that would require an MT-32 Rev. 0, but I do care a lot about some games on the CM-32L list). And after studying the list a little more, I knew I needed a certain model of the SC-55 to get the games I like sound right. So I got an SC-55 with Rev. 1.21 Control ROM although I already had an SC-55 Mk.II.

END OF LINE.

Reply 2 of 2, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks!. That list will make it a lot easier.

There are a few games not on that list that are supposed to support the extra sound effects so I will have to test.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK