VOGONS

First post, by aquishix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

All,

I've been trying to collect CT2940s with genuine OPL3 chips on them instead of the stupid CQM CT1978 chips. I've been able to acquire 3 of them, but 1 of them appears to be non-functional. Instead of posting it for sale on Amibay or eBay as "for parts or not working", I've decided to give it away to someone on vogons who might be able to get better use from it. It might be a simple issue like a blown capacitor or it might be something more serious. Although I'm capable of component level diagnostics and repair, I'd rather not bother with this particular card at this particular point in my life.

Someone else, however, might want to. As anyone who has done their research knows, the CT2940s had the highest SnR of any Sound Blaster 16. The ones with the true Yamaha OPL3 chips are exceedingly rare, and quite valuable to a certain niche of the vintage PC gaming community. It took me something like half a year before I was able to find my first one.

Who wants it? =)

If nobody grabs within a week or so, I'll put it up for sale on eBay and recover a meager portion of the $100 or so I spent on it. I would have returned it to the seller on eBay that I got it from, but I didn't test the card for over a month after I got it and therefore I could not use eBay's 30-day guarantee policy.

Reply 1 of 1, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

PM sent. Since no one else responded to this, there's a chance that I'm the first to declare interest (hard to say for sure).