VOGONS

First post, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I happened to find an ISA sound card with DT-0197H chip. Does anyone has any information about that chip and how compatible the card would be with dos games?

Edit: I can't get picture of the card I found right now, but I found a picture online that looks like the same card: https://6.allegroimg.com/original/0c4f00/f206 … c2dc149a44ac6c6

Reply 4 of 8, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I could but actually I have no idea how to configure it to work in dos or what kind of drivers it might need. That is one reason why I asked if anyone has any information about that chip.

Reply 5 of 8, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Baoran wrote:

I could but actually I have no idea how to configure it to work in dos or what kind of drivers it might need. That is one reason why I asked if anyone has any information about that chip.

Given the lack of jumpers for resource config I suppose it would be Plug'n'Play. You could try it in a PnP system and see how it gets detected...

Reply 7 of 8, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Seems to be based on the Realtek RT2000 chip .

Attachments

• Filename
    wta2000.zip
    File size
    687.52 KiB
    Downloads
    95 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 8 of 8, by JLPedro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have one of this cards and It sound fine to me, configured to output Line-out, sound is clean.
I really don't understand the hate.
It is compatible SoundBlaster Pro, and WindowsSound System and as a wavetable header, and from the games I listened the opl3 is very good.