VOGONS

First post, by bel667

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys!

Got a strange problem with my AWE64 running in Dos 6.22. Everything worked nearly perfectly until I installed the sound drivers for Win3.11. Sound in Windows seemed to work fine (canyon.mid played as it should) Then I restarted the computer. I don't know if it's coincident but after this, my system won't play music in any games or in the diagnose.exe. I've tried to reinstall using the same DOS drivers as before but no avail. And I, of course, deleted all SB drivers, windows 3.11, CTCM folder and removed all related in autoexec.bat and config.sys before I did this.
And a strange thing is that when installing the DOS drivers it skips the part where my AWE64 memory is tested. All settings are set successfully but when testing FM there is no sound. Digitalized sound (8 and 16) bit plays normally. It's also missing the test for the AWE64 synth test (???). It looks more like I'm installing a SB16 card.

Earlier:
JG4tKQ7.png?1
Now:
EOdairy.jpg?1

Other things I've tried:
- Changed different settings with CTCU
- Changed ISA slot
- AWE32 DOS drivers
- Run Diagnose /s

Also, when testing the wavetable in with CTCU.exe the I/O Range 620 failed. I've tried 640 and 680 with the same result. This worked before.

So this seems to be an issue related to wavetable. I guess this is the reason why it skips the memory test in the driver installation and the missing AWE synth music test.

Could the sound card all of a sudden get damaged and only play digitized samples and no FM?
Is this a PnP issue?

I would appreciate any assistance on this.
Thanks!

John

486-GVT-2 Mainboard
486DX2-66
AWE64