VOGONS

First post, by vorvek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been trying to get this to work for a couple of days now, and I can't seem to make any meaningful progress.

I got an AWE32 card (CT2760) that I got to work with no issues. There was some crackling at first on 16 bit music, but disabling the high DMA seems to have solved the issue. I can't, however, get the Dreamblaster to work. I've tested it in my modern machine, it worked fine over USB. I plugged it to the AWE32, and when the computer starts, a green light comes up, so I guess it's properly connected.

I assumed to get it working I'd only need to close the MFBEN? jumper and choose SB AWE32 MIDI Synth (620) as my MIDI instrument in the Multimedia Properties control panel thingie, but that did nothing. Well, it changed the shitty Creative Music Synth to the less shitty AWE32 synth, but I'm pretty sure the daughter board is not used at all. I tried using the AWE32 control panel, and checking "Allow WaveTable Synthesis only". The option stays checked, but I don't hear any difference. "Allow MPU401 Emulation on this device" does nothing, and if I check the option it gets unchecked when I open the Device Selection again in the control panel.

Am I understanding this whole thing correctly? Where did I go wrong?