VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by NJRoadfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you really need LPT access on a modern platform, there are still motherboards being made with LPT headers. Usually its on the low end side of things though.

Reply 21 of 22, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
NJRoadfan wrote on 2022-01-20, 23:28:

If you really need LPT access on a modern platform, there are still motherboards being made with LPT headers. Usually its on the low end side of things though.

The Dell E-Dock has LPT, serial, and PS/2 ports... along with VGA, DVI and Displayport, e-Sata/USB and 5x more USB.

The newest version also has USB 3.0.

Newest laptops that work with that have up to a 7th gen Intel i7.... Fastest laptop will most likely be a Precision 7720 with an Nvidia Quadro P5000.

Oh yeah, you can also get a "legacy port adapter" that plugs into the E-Dock port of the laptop but is portable and doesn't require any extra power.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 22 of 22, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
NJRoadfan wrote on 2022-01-20, 23:28:

Its not elegant solution.. change whole MB, just because of it, or limit MB selection.. modular solution (add card if you need it) is much better, if it would work. If you need it for work, where you dont need too much other things these board are usually ok, but when you need nice home gaming board with some workstation features all in one, its complicated.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.