VOGONS

First post, by Perro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.

I started with a pentium at 80mhz. I have put msdos 6.22, a cdrom and tried to put an awe32, but it is impossible for me.

The fact is that I have inserted the plug & play drivers to detect it, but it does not succeed, so when I install the drivers for the card itself, it tells me that it can not be found in any port (220 ... 240, etc)

I thought it was the card, but I tried an sd16 and it does the same.

When you start the pc, you should detect it. Or with the specific application of creative: ctcu, it does not appear either.

I've gotten into the bios. The pc is not a clone, it's an NCR. And in the bios I can not find anything that the ports, irq, .. are busy.

The graph is integrated and there are no components, except the cdrom.

What do you advise me to do?

Reply 5 of 8, by Logistics

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Any chance his board doesn't have the +5V on the ISA bus? Seems like it should be early enough, but contrary to OP's reasoning that it's not a clone, and shouldn't have issues, I'm afraid that being an NCR it's more proprietary, and more likely to have issues.

Reply 6 of 8, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have no clue what's the problem behind this, but it couldn't hurt to run NSSI.
If the card is "visible" to the PC, it should mention it. NSSI doesn't rely on CTCM/CTCU, etc.
It has its own detection mechanisms and also finds non-Sound Blaster cards.
http://www.navsoft.cz/products.htm

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 7 of 8, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Logistics wrote:

Any chance his board doesn't have the +5V on the ISA bus? Seems like it should be early enough, but contrary to OP's reasoning that it's not a clone, and shouldn't have issues, I'm afraid that being an NCR it's more proprietary, and more likely to have issues.

If you're referring to the -5V, it would not be required on either of these cards.

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build