VOGONS

First post, by lordbarker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Newbie question... I have installed an Aureal Vortex 2 sound card with the following drivers:

https://www.philscomputerlab.com/aureal-vortex-2.html

Using the files within vortex_2_9x_2041.zip.

However, there is absolutely no sound in DOS mode and I get the following error "ERROR 6: Sound Blaster Emulation disabled in windows. Driver not loaded"

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 2, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

MB info would help, but this problem is probably only missing INI files which is not in path.

You can try to use my ultimate DOS configs and driver package or just copy my AurealV2 lines:
X58/i865/V880 - Yamaha7x4/AurealV1/2 pure Dos7.1- compatibility list/research/ultim. drivers configs, WIP- gurus needed // Search for euro - to get download links quickly

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 2 of 2, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you want to make the Vortex 2 DOS driver independent from the Windows driver settings a modified AU30DOS may help you. It can be downloaded in this old topic: Aureal Vortex 2 / TB Santa Cruz aka Videologic Sonic Fury unter DOS

GB 20-12-2008: Au30dos.com is slightly modified: instead of looking for its ini-file at the "winbootdir" path variable it will […]
Show full quote

GB 20-12-2008:
Au30dos.com is slightly modified:
instead of looking for its ini-file at the "winbootdir" path variable it will
look in the "inifiledir" path variable.
winbootdir is a read-only variable. "inifiledir" is a made-up one that you
can point at a folder of choice. like;
c:\> set inifiledir=c:\au30dos

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul