VOGONS

First post, by n-0rt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Recently got an Audigy 2 ZS sound card for the XP build I'm currently in the process of putting together... however, it arrived minus the bracket to screw it in place. While it doesn't stop the card from working, it bothers me having the card just sort of floppin' around held in place by the PCI slot only. I have had a bit of a look around for a generic bracket replacement, but the Audigy 2 ZS has the addition of a firewire port on the back, making it tricky to find something that'd fit. Does anyone know of a means I could more securely fix the card in place?

Reply 1 of 3, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
n-0rt wrote:

Recently got an Audigy 2 ZS sound card for the XP build I'm currently in the process of putting together... however, it arrived minus the bracket to screw it in place. While it doesn't stop the card from working, it bothers me having the card just sort of floppin' around held in place by the PCI slot only. I have had a bit of a look around for a generic bracket replacement, but the Audigy 2 ZS has the addition of a firewire port on the back, making it tricky to find something that'd fit. Does anyone know of a means I could more securely fix the card in place?

You can always make yours from a blank bracket (the ones that is bening used as covers for unused slots). Some drilling and a bit of Dremel work is enough. If you don't have the tools or skills, you can hunt for a broken/cheap ZS to use its bracket.

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 2 of 3, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Its a fairly nonstandard bracket due to the firewire port so your best bet is to get something 3D printed. You could try machining one from blank slot covers but the firewire port makes that tricky; otherwise the holes are simple drill jobs.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.