VOGONS

First post, by PC386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have aquired a Roland cm-32P,and from what i saw is not even midi game compatible.

Is it consider Junk or is there a mod way to make it work with Pc mt-32 compatible games?

Maybe burn CM-32L roms ?

What do you think ?

Thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sadly it's not suitable for pc-gaming and you cannot make it into a mt-32 device because it's completely different hardware, it was made to accompany CM-32L and provide sampled sounds to use at channels 11~16 AFAIK.
CM32-L + CM-32P = CM-64 , I think some X68000 (or PC-98?) games can use the CM-64 but other than that nothing else that I know of...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 4, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Even if you can't use it for games, don't throw it away, but sell it. Someone might be interested in it for music production purposes.

Reply 3 of 4, by SuperDeadite

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Paired with a CM-32L you get a cheap CM-64. Fantastic for the X68000 computer line. The games Choujin and Gemini Wing can use the PCM expansion slot cards too

Modules: CM-64, CM-500, SC-55MkII, SC-88 Pro, SY22, TG100, MU2000EX, PLG100-SG, PLG150-DR, PLG150-AN, SG01k, NS5R, GZ-50M, SN-U110-07, SN-U110-10, Pocket Studio 5, DreamBlaster S2, X2, McFly, E-Wave, QWave, CrystalBlaster C2, Yucatan FX, BeepBlaster

Reply 4 of 4, by PC386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys

Well the intention was to buy a cm-32l but the mistake was I thought the cm-32p had the same compatibility...
I Was thinking if the cm32L roms where put into the P version it would work but I think the P wouldn't have the linear aritmathics ic or so meting. .
Best regards