VOGONS

First post, by Mr. horse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Was looking for info on the awe64 ram card and found this.
http://www.satech.com/12memupforcr.html

Something tells my of I order one I'll lose 35$. Oddly the site dose list some newer i7 CPUs so maybe they are still around and just haven't updated their site?
Anyone order from satech.com? I don't want to lose 35$ 😵

No sir I don't like it!

Reply 1 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, considering their phone number is now a scammy "just for calling today, you have qualified for free roadside assistance" pre-recorded message, I am just going to take a wild guess and say that the company is no longer in business.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 8, by Mr. horse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote:

Well, considering their phone number is now a scammy "just for calling today, you have qualified for free roadside assistance" pre-recorded message, I am just going to take a wild guess and say that the company is no longer in business.

I bet your right. I was about to give them a call too. I thought it was too good to be true.

No sir I don't like it!

Reply 7 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SirNickity wrote:

It seems to me that Vogons needs a hardware task force to combine the engineering talents and tooling hook-ups of inclined members around here to solve some of these problems.

You mean like the SimmCon remake for using a 72-pin SIMM with an AWE64?

Bunch of other pretty awesome projects that have gone on / are going on around here.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 8 of 8, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Ozzuneoj wrote:
firage wrote:

Yeah nope, been a dead end for years now.

But but but... it has today's date on the page!!! 🤣

I was on the Wayback Machine the other day and came across a page with a very '90s "####### customers proudly served since 1997!" ticker. It was obviously just a few lines of Javascript or something, because it was still ticking up every dozen or so seconds despite the page being an archive from a decade ago and the business long gone. Reminded me of some post-apocalyptic movie. I wish I'd saved the link.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!