VOGONS

First post, by DankEngihn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS in my computer, and audio through the front panel headphone jack sounds HORRIBLE. music is EXTREMELY tinny, and voices are impossible to hear. 😒 😕

It's not the card itself, because I plugged my headphones into the speaker output on the card, and it sound absolutely amazing. 😀 Is there any way to fix this, or alt least make it sound better through the front panel? Because it's annoying to have the computer backwards under my desk so my headphones can reach the speaker jack on the back of the sound card.

Reply 1 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Pretty sure it would work better if the cable(s) going from the sound card to the front panel were shielded instead of just a ribbon cable.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 3, by Cbb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I suppose that live<=>drive interconnection is digital, so shielding doesn't affect on sound quality (in this particular case).
there's a DAC and a headphone amplifier on the drive's PCB. seems like there's something wrong with them, mostly with the amp.
are you the first owner of the module and did you use headphones with it before?

Reply 3 of 3, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DankEngihn wrote:

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS in my computer, and audio through the front panel headphone jack sounds HORRIBLE. music is EXTREMELY tinny, and voices are impossible to hear. 😒 😕

It's not the card itself, because I plugged my headphones into the speaker output on the card, and it sound absolutely amazing. 😀 Is there any way to fix this, or alt least make it sound better through the front panel? Because it's annoying to have the computer backwards under my desk so my headphones can reach the speaker jack on the back of the sound card.

A probably stupid question, but, are you talking about the Audigy ZS front panel that fits into a 5.25 drive bay, or front panel audio connectors of your case/chassis?

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000