VOGONS

First post, by kikendo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does this emulator support the Line In plug of the card? I can't seem to make it work.
I am trying to route external audio via it but the SBEMIXER app only shows CD input.

Reply 2 of 7, by kikendo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes I did try, and that topic, does not say anything that applies to me, because:

1) It provides no link or any downloads for any DOS mixer that works with my Live! card
2) it both says (actually, it's you) that there IS a DOS mixer for Live! cards but that EMU10K based cards cannot enable line-in in DOS. I was pretty sure my card was EMU10K based.
3) I was searching specifically for the SB16 emulation. I understand they are both the same (DOS support and SB16 emulation) now.

So can you actually help a bit further?
Will my card actually allow Line in to be heard?
if so, where can I get this mixer? Because the one I have (SBEMIXER), does not allow me (as I said, only shows CD AUDIO input)

Reply 3 of 7, by kikendo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And now on the SECOND page I find this:
Multichannel DOS mixer for DOS sound builds v0.49 for Live, v1.01 for Audigy

Couldn't you have linked me directly to the mixer you created? it would have been a lot easier than scolding me, and I would have been forever grateful for your help AND work.

Reply 4 of 7, by PARUS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, I can help. I already did it. Just read that topic closely and you'll find all answers.

That topic says anything and gives all necessary about your problem.
It includes direct link to download v0.49 mixer for Live (EMU10k1 based) cards.
I never said that EMU10k based cards can't enable line-in in pure DOS.
DOS support and SB16 Emulation aren't same things. My mixer can work with Creative's DOS driver and SB16 Emulator or without it, doesn't matter.
Please forget about SBEMIXER, it gives terrible functionality and doesn't work without driver. Use my 0.49 mixer with full available channels, even on 5'25 Extension.

Reply 5 of 7, by kikendo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you for your work, I used your mixer and it did what I wanted it to do.
But it seems my machine just cannot have the inbuilt ESS Audio card and the SB Live! running at the same time. I am running into a million issues. Teh Live! ccard keeps randomly playing garbage noise via the output after being on for a while. I cannot use it in this machine as I can't change IRQs for the PCIs much.

Anyway your program did just what I wanted. I hope to be able to use it in another machine.