VOGONS

GLX Player the only XT player ? Check Mod Master...

Topic actions

Reply 500 of 504, by root42

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I tried FT2 yesterday as well. It did not work at all. Samples were glitching and everything was weird. I think that its GUS PnP support is maybe broken? ST3 seemed totally fine.

However since Panic is made by the same people that made ST3, I think playing THAT correctly and taking ST3 as the "gold standard" at least for S3Ms would make sense.

YouTube and Bonus
80386DX@25 MHz, 8 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & BlasterBoard, PC MIDI Card + SC55 + MT32, XT CF Lite, OSSC

Reply 501 of 504, by digistorm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think for a GUSpnp you should use the FT2 builds that are shared here ( Fasttracker 2.10 & 2.11 for MS-DOS ) on this forum by 8bitbubsy because the last official build has broken GUS support by trying to add GUSpnp functionality.

Reply 502 of 504, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did 8bitbubsy explained how he had the code ?
I am on holiday and those period limit were not in my priority. It require lot of test with various trackers to be done correctly.
So expect a fix in 2 ou 3 months...

Reply 503 of 504, by digistorm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

He explained it here:

8bitbubsy wrote on 2018-11-07, 16:29:
Scali wrote:

Where did you get the code from? From the Triton people themselves? Perhaps they want to share the code with me, being a fellow-scener.

From Vogue and Mr.H after some long dialogs, convincing them that it would help me with my FT2 clone development. The code I got from them is an incomplete pre-release version of FT2.07, but I re-sourced it back to 2.09 by hand, and the code/data is bit-perfect to that of FT2.09. I already had the 2.09 replayer laying (from kebby/kb), so after injecting that it was only a matter of looking for changes in comparing disassemblies, which made me find out what to rewrite next. Was not a lot of code.

But he also has - as he explained - made an FT2 clone with the source code on Github.

I must add that I really value the work guys like you do to fill a software niche for retro enthousiasts. So take the time you need 😊.