First post, by dreamblaster
here are some photos of a project I've been working on for a while : MP-32 = MIDI PI 32
It still needs more work, but since a few months it is on hold. I started to reconsider the idea.
So I thought today, I just show it as it is, and hear your feedback : Maybe it will give some inspiration
for when i pick it up again :
Generally this project is :
- PI3+ connected to a PCB with buttons + LCD, support for encoder dial (not in enclosure yet), for running synth emulators (MUNT, fluidsynth,...),
- an plug on USB sound card (new design, not yet ready, dream based) with an excellent CODEC, as audio+midi interface, also allowing line in mixing and effects
- headphone output with headphone amp
- a nice enclosure
Connectors on the rear :
- 3.5mm line in
- 3.5mm line out
- 3.5mm headphone out (digital volume control through menu)
- MIDI IN DIN connector
- optional MIDI THRU (not yet)
sound card :
- USB device for the soundcard (not yet) -> will need small cable to pi USB host... (i don't like that)
- USB host connections
Connectors on the side :
- 5V power (micro USB)
- original pi audio out (not used normally)
Connectors on the front :
- micro SD card slot for soundbanks, settings, software,...
That's it for now..
Visit http://www.serdashop.com for retro sound cards, video converters, ...
OPL2LPT, OPL3LPT, X2, S2, S2P, MCE2VGA, ... many projects !
Special vogons LPT bundle : https://www.serdashop.com/Parallel-port-retro-sound-bundle
Thanks for your support !