AWE64 Legacy

Topic actions

Reply 440 of 782, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
truemaster wrote on 2020-09-13, 08:00:

the way i see the opl chip on this awe64 legacy board it will sound just like it did on sb16. problem is is cqm isolated muted if you like on all situations?

When you initialise the card with UNISOUND, you move CQM to another port, or disable it entirely.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 443 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
truemaster wrote on 2020-09-14, 06:50:

oh thats good. but i get is about pure dos. can also happen in windows? most af the times i play dos games inside windows dos window

Yes, the same way - CQM is assigned some other port (398h, for example).

kolderman wrote on 2020-09-14, 10:18:

Will it do reverb on the opl?

No. It does reverb on the CQM, but OPL is fed directly into the mixer.

kolderman wrote on 2020-09-14, 10:18:

Can it load sf2 files under dos?

All software limitations inherent to the original AWE series are here as well. We haven't developed any special software drivers and/or tools, the aim of the project was to address hardware limitations and solve them to the maximum possible extent.

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 445 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A small update: we've made all final adjustments, introduced some minor bells and whistles here and there, and ordered the first low-count batch of 10 boards. Those are intended to be final revision boards, but the small number is just to be completely sure that all of our last moment improvements work as intended. If they don't, we'll trash 10 boards instead of 50, and if they do, we just order the rest.
Also we're currently doing the inventory of the components, and will be ordering the missing parts very soon.
So, to sum up, the grand announcement is not that far 😀

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 451 of 782, by Hedgie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh man I was just looking at Awe 64 golds on Ebay for my overkill 98 build. I am so wanting to jump onto ordering this new clone as ebay prices stink. I will be keeping an eye here for when we can purchase!

Reply 452 of 782, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Hedgie wrote on 2020-10-01, 14:57:

Oh man I was just looking at Awe 64 golds on Ebay for my overkill 98 build. I am so wanting to jump onto ordering this new clone as ebay prices stink. I will be keeping an eye here for when we can purchase!

Just a heads up, this is likely to be much more expensive than a Gold on eBay, even with the RAM upgrade. But it does have the benefit of having a lot of added goodies, so it'll be worth it.

Reply 453 of 782, by Hedgie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
RichB93 wrote on 2020-10-01, 15:47:

Just a heads up, this is likely to be much more expensive than a Gold on eBay, even with the RAM upgrade. But it does have the benefit of having a lot of added goodies, so it'll be worth it.

Any idea what to expect? Also mean the extra ram, goodies, and the fact it was made within the last few years 1is a nice addition.

Reply 455 of 782, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Hedgie wrote on 2020-10-01, 22:34:
RichB93 wrote on 2020-10-01, 15:47:

Any idea what to expect? Also mean the extra ram, goodies, and the fact it was made within the last few years 1is a nice addition.

Personally I expect anything up to $300 as its hand made and limited run. No prices announced yet however.

Reply 459 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just a small teaser:

Chip.jpg
Filename
Chip.jpg
File size
1.33 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Front.jpg
Filename
Front.jpg
File size
1.21 MiB
Views
File license
Rear.jpg
Filename
Rear.jpg
File size
894.77 KiB
Views
File license

Don't expect any other news till early November though.

AWE64 Legacy