VOGONS

First post, by Smack2k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can any recommend working Live! 5.1 Drivers for Windows 95C OSR 2.5? Both the Install CD I have and the drivers I downloaded dont seem to work on Windows 95...guessing they were for 98....

Thanks for the help!

Reply 1 of 4, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Live! 5.1 User Guide on the Creative website indicates that Win95 is supported. So...maybe that was a falsehood? 😖

Screenshot_2019-11-01-21-15-28.png
Filename
Screenshot_2019-11-01-21-15-28.png
File size
469.97 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have an ISO for Live! that I downloaded a few days ago that has NT4 and Win95 drivers on it.

I'll upload it to vogonsdrivers if it isn't already there.

What is the DISK.ID of the CD you have?

The one I have is:
SBL-CDS1D-4-US

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 4, by Logistics

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm surprised because IIRC, Win95 had built in drivers to work with the Live!... or maybe that was just the SB16. But in any case, you should be able to use the kX Project drivers to get great stereo sound. You just won't get surround effects.

Reply 4 of 4, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Logistics wrote:

I'm surprised because IIRC, Win95 had built in drivers to work with the Live!...

The Live! is a card from 1998, the Live! 5.1 even from the year 2000. Windows 95 has no way to work with these cards out of the box.

Anyway...

Both the Install CD I have and the drivers I downloaded dont seem to work

Can you please post more details on how it doesn't seem to work? Problem with the Live! is that there were many versions of that card and their drivers are not interchangeable.