VOGONS

First post, by drathernaut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone!

I once, many moons ago, created music on my p5-75 Gateway 2000 with an Ensoniq Soundscape Elite. All these years later, I still have all the .wrk files I made through Cakewalk Home Studio, but no card to play the files through. I have been on the hunt for another card for years, but as many of you know, it's near impossible to find these cards. So I had a few questions:

1) Any good resources for finding old cards like this? I've used eBay, here, and tried looking through craigslist and other used sales websites.
2) Does anyone have this card and Cakewalk, and could maybe even record these files for me? For a price, I realize.
3) Does anyone by chance have a card they are willing to part ways with for some money? 😀

Thanks so much!

Reply 1 of 5, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've previously owned 2 due to extreme luck.
One was still shrinkwrapped ... sold for 1€(!) on eBay due to an extremely limited description without pictures roughly 6 years ago.
The other one was "just" boxed but in near new condition, found at a flea market at a major german vintage computer meetup, bought for 20€

The first was sold at extreme profit, while the second was forwarded to a friend at a very small margin. I don't own any further cards to help you out I'm afraid.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 2 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I removed your new topic on this. No need to double (or in your case) triple post it. And your hidden way of asking for a sale or trade is not welcome in this forum. Use Amibay or ebay or whatever, but not this forum.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 5, by drathernaut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

While I would like to have the card myself, I was sincere in my wanting of someone to record my old files on their own system. I apologize for asking if anyone had a device they were looking to sell, it was not my intention to misuse the forum.