VOGONS

First post, by lausvi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!
I have recently bought my first Roland SC-55. I just finished replacing the front panel switches as they were having serious contact issues (just like in AkBKukU's video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBseVsGzx7M).

The unit is working very nicely now, but it has a small visual defect; it's missing the black plastic panel between the LCD and the keypad:
SC55-missing-part.jpg

Anyone have a spare for sale? I hope it's Ok to ask here, I thought this forum might reach enough MIDI hobbyists to find the part.

Last edited by lausvi on 2019-09-26, 18:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have a mk2 that was saved and repaired from the junk pile... broken screen, missing top cover... so this piece won't be missed

tWLxCMpl.png

it has some scratches as you can see, I will send you my email in case you want it - completely free of charge ofcourse.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 11, by lausvi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I received the part from keropi today, and I just fitted the part in. Very nice - looking like new again! I also replaced the front-panel switches as some of those were in pretty much non-working condition.

20190925-180609.jpg

My unit is now one of those ultra-rare DOUBLE-GS models 😁

Thanks again!

Reply 6 of 11, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BatkatA wrote on 2021-03-28, 02:14:
Hello guys. I need spare parts for SC 55 Can you help me i need the 4 bottom legs and recharger if it is original […]
Show full quote

Hello guys.
I need spare parts for SC 55
Can you help me
i need the 4 bottom legs and recharger if it is original

You can buy a new power adapter from Roland. See this info:

TheMobRules wrote on 2019-12-26, 20:33:

I strongly suggest the Roland PSB-120/230UK/240A (9V 2.0A, center negative), it is widely available and recommended by Roland for their older devices such as MT-32, CM-32L, SC-55 and so on. The actual model number of the adapter is PSB-1U, but it is sold as PSB-120, PSB-230UK or PSB-240A depending on the region. The only difference is the type of plug on the AC cable, the PSB-1U adapter itself can handle any input voltage in the range 100-240.

Here is a PDF from Roland confirming the official support for older devices with these adapters: https://www.rolandcorp.com.au/promo/Adaptors.pdf

As for the feet, I don't like your chances of getting original Roland feet but I don't see the need either. Just find some generic ones that suit: https://www.amazon.com/rubber-feet-electronic … for+electronics

Reply 7 of 11, by BatkatA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pierre32, thanks for the respond.
I know that i can put any legs, but i'm some kind of maniac and i want everything to be original.

For the charger i search for some second hand because of the price. 69 is more then i think to spend. I will stay with the replaced charder if i don't find 2nd hand.

Keropi i think sell some spare parts to Lausvi and i think that if he still have the unit can buy legs and charger from him.
We are also neighbour countries.
I hope he will answer me.
I cannot reach him by personal message because i'm new here and di on't have those rights.

Reply 9 of 11, by BatkatA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Because i'm not familliar with the forum structure, is there Buy/Sell or no? Or did you know someone that will be possible to have unit for spare parts?
Thanks guys
I recently bough MT-32 and SC55 and sb55 spundbrush

Madness ... 😀
Still think how to connect all of them in one Pentium 200mmx
Need some spliter for audio and some for the midi.
Can you help me with link to some post if there are. with photos etc...

Thanks in asvance

Reply 10 of 11, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, there is no trading section on Vogons.

There are some good topics about setting up multiple MIDI devices though. Here are a couple:

If you have multiple PCs set up, how do you handle your sound output?

6 or 8 channel audio mixer

Reply 11 of 11, by KCJ101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lausvi wrote on 2019-09-11, 18:29:
Hi! I have recently bought my first Roland SC-55. I just finished replacing the front panel switches as they were having serious […]
Show full quote

Hi!
I have recently bought my first Roland SC-55. I just finished replacing the front panel switches as they were having serious contact issues (just like in AkBKukU's video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBseVsGzx7M).

The unit is working very nicely now, but it has a small visual defect; it's missing the black plastic panel between the LCD and the keypad:
SC55-missing-part.jpg

Anyone have a spare for sale? I hope it's Ok to ask here, I thought this forum might reach enough MIDI hobbyists to find the part.

Im looking for this exact plastic piece on a Roland SC 55 as well. Anyone have a spare or an idea where I can source the part? Any help would be appreciated!