VOGONS

Creative PnP EEPROM collection

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 24, by DoutorHouse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ViTi95 wrote on 2023-10-19, 21:11:

No, my card doesn't have an IDE port. The PCB has all the routing for it, but the components are not populated.

BTW I can confirm the broken CT4380 has been fixed!!

Ah thanks for answering. Mine has an IDE port, then i flashed it to remove it and now i'm looking for a file to restore it again... 😜

Reply 22 of 24, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe these dumps i did are of interest for someone:
The Zip contains:

CT2941 (variation CT2940 / IDE unpopulated) (different from the included CT2940 dump.)
CT2945 (variation CT2940 / IDE populated) (different from the included CT2940 dump.)
CT2959 (CT2950 variant)
CT3600
CT4171 (CT4170 variant)
CT4500
CT4520NE (different from the included CT4520 dump.)

Filename
CTdumps.zip
File size
2.2 KiB
Downloads
58 downloads
File license
Public domain

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 23 of 24, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Creative Vibra CT4130 (Vibra 16CL) EEPROM

Attachments

• Filename
    vibra-ct4130.bin.zip
    File size
    719 Bytes
    Downloads
    15 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉

Reply 24 of 24, by AnimeFunTV

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tronix wrote on 2022-10-28, 07:31:
Out of curiosity, I disassembled the C4502_C1 file and did a quick and dirty hack to read dumps from AWE eeprom. So the AWEDUMP […]
Show full quote

Out of curiosity, I disassembled the C4502_C1 file and did a quick and dirty hack to read dumps from AWE eeprom.
So the AWEDUMP v0.1 utility is here.
Runs without parameters and tries to read the EEPROM contents. Creates an AWEDUMP.BIN file on disk in current directory if successful.

Attention! Warning! Achtung! I did not test the program much, but at first glance it was able to dump sound cards CT2940, CT3670 and CT4520. How these dumps correspond to the real content of the EEPROM memory, I do not know, more testers are needed. Everything you do with this program you do at your own peril and risk.

PS: AWEFLASH (for write dumps to soundcard) is also availible here: Re: SB2AWE EEPROM flasher utility.

I have a CT3670 with what looks like a corrupt EEPROM (at least that's what windows 98 is telling me - code 9), do i need to remove the EEPROM from the card and use my programmer to load the dump? do i need to do any reversing of the dump? or can i just simply use the aweflash to reprogram the onboard EEPROM?